Wednesday 29 July 2009

Young guns go for it with Knox behind them


"This weekend I had great fun at the Moto Gp Support Race" says teenager Lee Jackson. "The weekend got under way in good style with the weather being dry but with dark rain clouds in the sky it was very weird condition not knowing what the weather was going to do before our 7.15pm qualifying session on Friday night, (which was quite late after waiting all day to ride then going straight in to the qualifying). I started off slow in the session and by the end of the session on the very last lap, I grabbed pole position for Saturday night's race. Saturday came in a dry fasion and I was exicted about the race; I led the race for 5 laps, then got passed."

This relegated Lee to 2nd place, but he is a tenacious young man. "I then followed the leaders but got slip-streamed by two riders and went back to 4th". Things were not going according to plan. "On the last lap into the last corner I had a bike problem, but then the bike picked back up into limp mode and I got round the last corner." They say you never know what's around the corner and as if to prove the point, the 2nd placed rider had crashed. "So I eventually got 3rd position in a very exicting race".

Congratulations to Lee, who relies on his Knox Contour for protection. He's currently 4th n the Aprilia Superteens Challenge. Watch out for his name in future!

No comments:

Post a Comment