Tuesday 22 June 2010

ELLISON RETURNS TO BSB WITH KNOX AT MALLORY PARK


Knox protected James Ellison returns to British Superbikes on the Swan Honda for round five of the MCE Insurance Championship at Mallory Park.

Ellison, who has been relying on Knox Handroid this season, has been out of action since sustaining a broken femur during practice at Thruxton and since then has been determined to return to fitness with extensive physiotherapy and sessions in a hyperbaric chamber. He is now able to be completely focused on the weekend ahead after being declared fit during last weekend’s British MotoGP round by BSB Chief Medical Officer Dr Romer whilst she was officiating as the Chief Medical Officer at the event.

Ellison said: “I am happy that this weekend I will back in the Swan Honda garage and ready to race after what feels like an eternity since Thruxton and I need to thank everyone who has supported me over the past weeks. I was fortunate that I could take my fitness test at the MotoGP round so now I can go to Mallory Park with my mind fully on racing. I have completely put my injury behind me now and although I am not completely back to full fitness I am approaching this weekend as I have any other earlier this season. I am not going out on circuit just to try and salvage points, I need to go out there and be pushing for wins or at least the podium. I am going to be giving it one hundred percent this weekend and I still believe that the top six is completely achievable with five rounds and eleven races before the cut off point for the Showdown.”

For more information visit http://www.swanhonda.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment