Monday 16 May 2011

Double Top Ten For Bridewell At Croft


Knox Athlete Tommy Bridewell came away with a pair of battling top ten places at round three of the 2011 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in mixed weather conditions at Croft circuit.

The 22-year-old from Wiltshire was in action on the Tyco Honda and spent most of free practice setting up the bike for the demanding North Yorkshire track before qualifying in 18th place during Saturday's knockout session.

With dark clouds looming and drizzle falling for the opening race, Bridewell took a safe gamble and opted for a wet front tyre and intermediate rear, whereby he gamely battled to 10th position at the chequered flag, which he backed up with a great ride into a similar position in the much drier race two, having tussled with the leading pack for much of the 20-lap race.

Tommy Bridewell: "We needed a good couple of finishes this weekend, and the top ten was my aim at least, so I'm pleased I've achieved that. In race one the conditions were so difficult as it kept raining and then stopping - I was just pleased to bring the bike home, and in race two, once I found my rhythm, I felt confident running with the pack and was unlucky not to perhaps finish a place or two higher. I'm really looking forward to my home race at Thruxton in two weeks time, as I missed it last year through injury, and I think the Tyco Honda will be strong round there too."

No comments:

Post a Comment