Friday 16 July 2010

Knox Handroid First Impressions - Benjamin - Fast Bikes Magazine

I've always struggled with gloves; mostly finding a set that fits my hands correctly. What I found most surprising at first about Knox's new Handroids, is that not only did they fit my hands perfectly, but seemed to also fit other hands that were the same size (but with different proportions in span and finger length), almost as perfectly as mine.

Initial feel is of supreme protection, because of the wealth of it in the glove's construction. It does create an odd feeling when you first grip a set of bars, but this goes away quickly as your hands acclimatise to firstly the comfort, and then the way that crucial riding information is transmitted through them without any degradation. Despite the palm leather being thicker than many of their rivals, feel is not compromised and they've lasted longer than any other pair of gloves I've used thus far. Ordinarily a set of sports gloves lasts me no longer than 3 months, maximum. My Handroids lasted over 5 months before I needed to hang them up, which we estimate to be nearly two years of 'average' motorcycle use.

Aside from the obvious and cool bio-mechanical protection running the length of the fingers, by far the best part is the cuff-closure system. It'll go as tight as you want and should never wear out, giving you a good feel that your hands are locked in and won't be ripped out in event of an accident.

The only problem I have is that I haven't had an accident in them, to test their protection first-hand. If you don't mind, I'd rather not, but overall I'd feel confident that the Handroid would protect my hands as well, if not better, than most other top-spec gloves on the market. For a first-time effort, Knox has hit the proverbial nail on the head first time out. Well done!

Benjamin - Fast Bikes mag

No comments:

Post a Comment