Monday 29 March 2010

Jamie Law - race update

"It does become apparent, as everything is falling into place, how I would not be doing this sport without all sponsors invaluable help" writes Knox protected MX racer Jamie Law. "

March 14th British Master – Round 1 – Mallory Park
Results – Qualifying 5th; Race 1 - 9th (Race 2 Cancelled due to lack of first aid cover. Race 2 will run at 2nd Round - Dean Moor
Nr Workington 11th April).

"5th in qualifying, which I was very pleased with and only 2 seconds off pole. Overnight rain and excess Youth racing on the Sat meant that it was not prepped as it should have been, resulted in many accidents. Race 1 - my start was appalling and I rode hard to come through and finish in 9th position. Well disappointed with myself, the second race was cancelled as above and it will run on my local track at Dean Moor".
March 21st –Maxxis British Championship - Round 2 - Mallory Park
Results – Qualify 15th; Race 1 – 12th / Race 2 - DNF / Race 3 - 16th

"Two weeks running at the same track, not full of enthusiasm as the previous week's track prep was hindered due to the weather and as we arrived on Sat I was hoping a miracle might have happened within 5 days but was even more disappointed at the track conditions, the weather taking its toll. The Maxxis British is possibly the best Championship in Europe with riders travelling from all over Europe and I was pleased with my 15th Qualifier. Race 1 - I came from about 18th to 12th with again 10seconds at the flag between 12th & 8th place. Race 2 – watch out on Sky cause you will see I made a brilliant start top 10 moved up to 6th/7th in about 4 corners to crash in a massive rut going over the bars, so mad at myself. Race 3 – I made a decent start to again crash more or less the same part of the track as race 2, running about 12th dropped to 16th. Not a good day at the office but I was 17th on the day which was a surprise after a dnf (did not finish) and only dropped a place to 16th in the Championship".

Race Events coming up
  • April 4th – Red Bull Pro – Landrake, Devon
  • April 5th – British MX323 – Torrington, Devon
  • April 11th – British Masters – Dean Moor, Workington
  • May 2nd Maxxis British Championship – Duns, Scotland
  • May 9th - British Masters - Whitby

No comments:

Post a Comment