Tuesday 4 May 2010

Mores points for Seeley at Oulton Park BSB

Relentless by TAS Suzuki rider Alastair Seeley left the Oulton Park third round on the BSB Championship in fifth place.

In race one it was Seeley who looked odds-on for his second BSB podium of the year on the GSX-R1000 Superbike , but a missed gear on the final lap allowed John Laverty to steal his thunder, which left the Carrickfergus man to narrowly pip his team-mate to the line for fourth.

In race two, while Laverty was soloing to a superb victory, Seeley fought his way through from mid-pack to take 10 valuable points in sixth place.

Alastair Seeley:

"I am a bit frustrated about not getting on the podium in race one, but there's no point in moaning about it. I missed a gear and fought back to fourth so we have to be pleased with that after a tough weekend at the previous round. In race two, I spun up going off the line and ended up bashing bars and fairings mid-pack. I got my head down and just tried to be smooth on the throttle and when I got onto the back of Josh Brookes he was all over the place. His tyre was obviously in worse condition than mine at that stage, so to get past for sixth was a good result in difficult conditions. I'm learning all the time about this Superbike and I've stayed fit and healthy with the North West 200 just over a week away - so that's a big positive."

No comments:

Post a Comment