Monday 27 September 2010

Ellison returns to winning ways at Silverstone




Knox Handroid protected James Ellison returned to the top step of the podium at Silverstone in the penultimate round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, taking a commanding victory in the second race.

Ellison had just missed out on a podium finish in race one with a strong fourth place, but in the wet conditions in the second outing he led from the start of the race to edge out an impressive 5.8 second lead over second placed Ryuichi Kiyonari.

Ellison said: "I can't express the emotions I was feeling, not only in the final laps but also now as it feels like it has been a long time coming. The first race we were losing a bit of grip and we were going to make some changes, but then it rained and we knew we were confident with out wet setting. I went out in race two and just got my groove on and knew from my pit board I had a gap over Kiyo, but I have been so unlucky this season that I was waiting for something like a plane to fall out of the sky and hit me! I knew in the last laps I just needed to hold it together and I got a bit excited on the last lap and nearly threw myself off, but fortunately I saved it and it was such a rush of feelings for me when I crossed the line. I need to thank everybody who has supported me this season and also send special thanks to my crew chief Mick Shanley as he missed the race today as his wife is about to have a baby. I now just want to get to Oulton Park!"
Swan Honda team manager Shaun Muir concluded: "I can't express how happy the whole of the Swan Honda team are feeling at the end of that second race. James put in a faultless performance and he really deserved that win after what has been a tough season with his injury. It feels like it has been a long time coming for him, but he got his head down and got on with the job and showed that had it not been for the crash at Thruxton he would have been a serious title contender. "

No comments:

Post a Comment